Latest Transfer Update: Winter Transfer Window

Transfer update
© Twitter

The first week of this Winter Transfer Window has passed. Some teams have already signed some big names from the market. There are three more weeks for every European club to sign more players. Meanwhile, many clubs are observing the situation of the transfer market.

Coutinho joins Aston Villa

Brazilian attacking midfielder Philipe Coutinho has returned to the English Premier League after a long time. He joins Aston Villa from FC Barcelona on a loan move. He is an ex-player of Liverpool. In 2018, Coutinho left Liverpool and joined FC Barcelona. So after four years, Philipe Coutinho is set to return to the Premier League.

Coutinho will play for the VIlla until the end of this season. The club will pay him 65% of the salary he got from Barcelona. However, Coutinho has agreed to cut the remaining 35% of his wages as Barca could not pay the rest.

Kieran Trippier to Newcastle

The English right-back Kieran Trippier has joined Newcastle United from the Spanish club, Atletico Madrid. It is the first big signing for the Magpies after the handover to the PIF. However, Trippier has signed a two-year contract with Newcastle. This English club has signed him from the Los Colchoneros for £12m plus add-ons.

Don’t miss:  Man United are close to signing Adrien Rabiot

Aubameyang might leave Arsenal.

Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang can leave Arsenal FC in this window. The relationship between the club and the player is not going well. Moreover, the gunner boss Mikel Arteta dropped him from the captaincy. Arteta also benched him in the previous games.

Arsenal are already looking for his replacement. They are observing Everton’s forward Dominic Calvert-Lewin and Dusan Vlahovic. Arteta has talked about his plan for the window. He said,

We are very, very short at the moment. But to be fair on a player, this cannot be the only argument to try to keep a player – and a player that has been developed and raised through our academy. A player that has been patient in many moments and tried to fulfill his dream. He was very straight with me and I understood the situation and we think it’s a good option. Obviously, we are going to move and we are going to look for options because we are very short there.