Transfer Window Update: Done Deals & Rumors

January Transfer window update
© Twitter

The January Transfer Window has already passed 15 days. Some of the European teams have signed a few players. Meanwhile, some clubs are still waiting to involve in this transfer market. Many rumors are surrounding the window. But above all, those clubs who are interested in signing players should sign them as soon as possible. Because the Winter Transfer Window will be closed on January 31.

Done Deals

Aston Villa is one of the busiest clubs in the running window. They have signed some exciting players recently. A few months ago, Liverpool legend Steven Gerrard took charge of this club. Since then, he has tried to bring quality players to the club.

Gerrard signed his ex-teammate, Philipe Coutinho from FC Barcelona, on a loan move. This signing is considered the craziest one in the window. Aston Villa will pay 65% of the wages he got in Barcelona. However, Coutinho has agreed to cut the remaining 35% of salary from Barca.

On the other hand, Aston Villa has completed the signing of Lucas Digne from Everton. Left-back Digne caught the eyes of many clubs. Chelsea, Newcastle United, and West Ham United were interested in signing him. But Aston Villa won the race and has brought him to the club for £25m. It was the second signing for the Villa. Moreover, they have earned more by giving their player a loan move. Villa winger Anwar El Ghazi has joined Everton on loan.

Apart from the Villa, Spanish club FC Barcelona have signed a player in this window. They signed Ferran Torres from Manchester City for £46m. He has already made his debut for the Catalan Club.


According to the Daily Express, English club Manchester United are interested in signing Napoli midfielder Fabian Ruiz. The Reds are still looking for a center-midfielder. They can bring Borussia Monchengladbach player, Denis Zakaria. But their first priority is to sign West Ham midfield maestro, Declan Rice.

However, Liverpool are trying to get Porto star Luis Diaz. On the other side, they are also looking for Eden Hazard. Liverpool boss Jurgen Klopp is keen to get him. But the board was not convinced of the Madrid winger.

But the most important thing for Liverpool is to renew their contract with Mohamed Salah. His contract expires in the summer of 2023. Salah has said several times that he wants to stay at the club. So his future is now up to the board of Liverpool.

Exit mobile version